Myers signs with Seattle Pacific
April 11, 2002
Douglas High’s Chelsey Myers has signed a letter of intent to play volleyball at Division II Seattle Pacific University.
Myers, a 5-10 outside hitter, signed with Seattle Pacific on Wednesday. Myers was the Sierra League Player of the Year last season and a two-time all-Sierra League selection. Myers helped lead Douglas to second in the state in 2000 and a third place state finish last season.
Seattle Pacific is coming off a 20-8 season and its second straight trip to the NCAA Division II tournament under coach Kellie Ryan. The Falcons have lost four starters and also announced last week the signing of Kathleen Monda, a transfer from Washington State.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says