Nahm nearly qualifies for nationals
May 10, 2002
Carson High graduate Josh Nahm nearly qualified for the NCAA Division II Championships for the St. Andrews (North Carolina) College men’s golf team.
Competing at the NCAA Atlantic Regionals, Nahm finished with a three-day score of 217 on Wednesday to miss a spot in the NCAA Championships by two strokes.
Nahm, a junior, shot a season best 71 in the final two days of the event after firing a 75 in the first round. His previous season best was a 72. Nahm finished at 1-over-par to place fifth in the regional.
“Josh had an unbelievable tournament,” St. Andrews coach Brian McCants said. “He played rock solid the entire week.
“I am very happy for him and proud of the way he represented himself and St. Andrews. I can’t wait for next year.”
Pfeiffer’s Ben St. John shot a 211 to win the regional while Coker’s Chris Taylor finished second with a 215 to qualify for the NCAA Championships.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says