Neitzke takes fourth in diving
May 12, 2005
It was a bittersweet meet for Rachel Neitzke, but the Carson High diver did provide the Senator girls swim team with some valuable points on Thursday in the Northern 4A diving championships.
Neitzke’s teammate, Milan DelVecchio also provided Carson with some valuable points. Neitzke missed qualifying for the NIAA State Championships by one-half point as she settled for fourth with 297.25 points.
Reed’s Nicki Yamada gained the third and final state qualifying spot with 297.75 points. McQueen’s Kelsey Heggeness won the event with 364.80 points and Galena’s Janet Swenson took second with 318.25. DelVecchio took seventh with 247.85.
For Douglas, Ashton Leutner was sixth with 273.25 and and April Epps was ninth with 231.70.
In the boys event for Douglas, Ryan Fore was fifth with 303.35, Holden Sapp was seventh with 290.20, James Barnard was eighth 245.15 and Travis Johnson was 10th with 189.65. For Galena, Jonathan Thomassien was sixth with 282.96.
The swimming portion of the championships will be held today and Friday at the Carson Aquatic Center. Today’s action begins at 2 p.m. and Saturday’s meet begins at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Relay team breaks school record — again — to finish 2nd at state meet