Nevada Wolf Pack hoops coach giving 2,500 football tickets to heroes
November 7, 2017
RENO (AP) — Nevada basketball coach Eric Musselman is giving away 2,500 tickets to the Wolf Pack's football game Saturday to a variety of local heroes in connection with the celebration of Veterans Day.
The school announced Monday that Musselman purchased the tickets to donate to Northern Nevada members of the military, first responders and teachers.
Musselman says his family feels it's important to give back to those who make up the backbone of the local community.
Saturday's Mountain West Conference game against San Jose State is the day after Veterans Day.
The tickets are free while supplies last by calling the Wolf Pack ticket office at 775-348-7225.
Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. at Mackay Stadium in Reno.
Recommended Stories For You
Nevada is 1-4 in the Mountain West, 1-8 overall. The Spartans are 0-5 and 1-9.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit