NIAA-Chevron High Performance Athletes of the Week for the week of October 28
November 8, 2002
Luke Rippee and Evan Bill, instrumental in Douglas High School’s regular season-ending 43-32 victory against Carson, have been recognized for their performances as NIAA-Chevron High Performance Athletes of the Week for the week of Oct. 28-Nov. 2.
Rippee, a junior, completed 13-of-18 passes for 190 yards and three touchdowns. He added 40 yards rushing and nine tackles on defense, his last tackle coming on the 1 and preventing Carson’s Chris Kotter from getting into the end zone on a fourth down play with 1:22 left in the fourth quarter.
Bill, a senior, rushed for 196 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown run in the third quarter to give the Tigers a 36-26 lead at the time.
The NIAA staff will select one boy and one girl each week from each of the NIAA’s four classifications to be the NIAA-Chevron High Performance Athlete of the Week.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature