Niehoff and Dyer are strong again
August 11, 2005
Abby Niehoff and Kevin Dyer continued their strong showings for the Carson Tigersharks Swim Club at the Western Zone Championships on Thursday in Kearnes, Utah.
Swimming for the Pacific Region all-star team, Niehoff took fourth in the 200-meter freestyle while Dyer just missed the finals and took ninth in the event.
In 13-14 girls, Niehoff took sixth in the preliminaries in two minutes, 13.53 seconds and then moved up to fourth in the finals in 2:12.02. The 15-year-old Dyer took ninth in 15-16 boys in 2:04.19 after coming in with a seeded time of 2:04.43. Among 15-year-olds in the event, Dyer took third.
On Tuesday, Niehoff won the 1,500 freestyle while Dyer took fourth in the event. The two were selected for the meet as a result of their performance at last month’s Pacific Region meet, which featured swimmers from Northern California and much of Nevada.
Swimmers from across the Western U.S. are competing in the zone meet, which concludes on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders