Oklahoma State wins Reno TOC title
December 18, 2005
Appeal Staff Report
Top-ranked Oklahoma State captured three individual titles en route to its ninth team championship in 10 years at the Reno Tournament of Champions college wrestling tournament on Sunday.
The Cowboys rolled up 194.5 team points to outdistance No. 10 Central Michigan, which finished second with 123 points. Northwestern was third with 118.5 points, followed by Penn State (97) and Oregon (83.5) to round out the top five during competition at the Reno Livestock Events Center.
Among the evening’s top individual upsets, Central Michigan sophomore 197-pounder Wynn Michalak, ranked fourth nationally and seeded second, upset unbeaten and No. 1-ranked Jake Rosholt of Oklahoma State 5-1 in the championship match. Michalak is now 14-0 this season.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature