Peri finishes ninth, Douglas takes second in golf
October 16, 2007
Carson High’s Lydia Peri concluded a solid two rounds by finishing ninth at the NIAA 4A State Championships in girls golf on Tuesday at the Canyon Gate Country Club in Las Vegas.
Douglas High settled for second as a team despite shooting a solid 472 in the second round. The Tigers led Silverado by six strokes after firing a 463 on Monday.
But Silverado followed up its 469 with a 451 on Tuesday to finish with a 920 to win the state title. Douglas finished second with a 935.
The Tigers were followed by Green Valley (946), Bishop Gorman (992), Spanish Springs (997) and Centennial (1,052).
Peri was the highest finishing Northern 4A player after shooting an 87 on Tuesday to finish at 170. Douglas High’s Bethany Wurster, finished tied for 10th overall after finishing with a 174 (89-85).
Also for the Tigers, Heather Henderson finished with a 181 (91-90), Katie Gettman finished with a 183 (90-93), Shelby Louie finished with a 197 (93-104), Michele Nikkels finished with a 200 (100-100) and Katelynn Lee finished with a 226 (115-111).
Recommended Stories For You
Centennial’s Alex Borcherts (82-78) and Bethany Glassford (79-81) finished tied for first in the individual standings with a 160. Borcherts was awarded the individual title based on having the low score in the second round.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit