Carson loses, DHS wins in soccer
November 5, 2014
SPARKS — Carson High's season came to a disappointing end Tuesday night, as Spanish Springs scored a goal in the second half to grab a 2-1 victory.
Carson, which lost its last four matches of the season, finished the year 9-6-2.
"I thought we played well the first 20 minutes of the first half and the first part of the second half," coach Greg Lehman said. "We had a couple of defensive breakdowns, and they took advantage of them."
Melissa Glanzmann gave Carson a 1-0 first-half lead, but the Cougars got the score back by intermission, and then added the second-half score.
• Alexis von Schottenstein scored a goal in the sixth minute to give Douglas a lead it never relinquished en route to an opening round region tournament victory, 4-1, over McQueen Tuesday night at Keith Roman Field.
Alissa Holley also scored in the first half and McKenna Kynett added a pair of second-half goals to complete the scoring for the Tigers.
Recommended Stories For You
Douglas (22-0) will play Spanish Springs (12-4-1) Thursday at 5 p.m. in the semifinals at Carson High School.
Trending In: Preps
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’