Final: Carson 23, Hug 13
A complete story will appear in Sunday’s Nevada Appeal.
• With 3:02 to play, Carson regains possession after Dilyn Rooker intercepts a pass from Hug.
• Carson misses a field goal with 3:50 to play. Carson gained possession after an Andrew Gutierrez interception.
• After a bad punt by Hug, Carson goes 41 yards in 4 plays to take a 23-13 lead with 5:35 to play. Joey Thurman scored on a 2-yard run for the Senators.
• Carson takes over at the Hug 5-yard line after a bad snap. The Senators then score on a 5-yard pass from Garrett Schafer to Alan Cohen to take a 16-13 lead with 8:30 to play in the game.
• After three quarters, Hug leads 13-9 over Carson. Carson has the ball at its own 10-yard line to start the fourth quarter.
• On the first play from scrimmage in the second half, Hug scores on an 81-yard run. The 2-point conversion was no good. Hug leads 13-9 with 11:41 to play in 3rd quarter.
HALFTIME: Carson 9, Hug 7.
• Carson is having trouble running the ball, 14 carries for only 20 yards. Hug is running the ball well, with more than 150 yards on the ground. Carson’s Garrett Schafer is 6-for-14 for 159 yards. Hug gets the ball to start the second half.
• Sobkiewicz makes a 25-yard field goal with less than five minutes to play in the half. Carson leads 9-7. Key play was a 55-yard pass play from Schafer to Gutierrez. Gutierrez has 117 yards receiving in the game.
• Stefan Sobkiewicz forces a Hug fumble and Carson recovers inside the Hug 30-yard line.
• Carson’s Andrew Gutierrez scores on a 58-yard pass from Garrett Schafer. Extra point is missed. Hug leads 7-6.
• Hug takes a 7-0 lead over Carson with 6:21 to play. Hug went 61 yards on 10 plays to score.