Raiders’ Las Vegas stadium construction on schedule
November 12, 2018
LAS VEGAS — The Las Vegas stadium that will be the new home of the NFL Oakland Raiders appears to be on track with its construction schedule.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that the steel skeleton of the future $1.8 billion venue is taking shape behind the Strip.
The 65,000-seat stadium is scheduled to be completed by July 31, 2020.
It will be where the Raiders as well as the University of Nevada, Las Vegas football team will play.
According to paperwork submitted to the Las Vegas Stadium Authority, about $450 million has been spent on the project so far.
The Raiders and a construction subsidiary have contributed more than $328 million to the project.
Recommended Stories For You
Another $120 million has come from a less-than-1 percentage-point increase in Clark County's hotel room tax.
Trending In: Sports
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- One of Nevada’s little surprises: Fly Geyser
- $150,000 bail for suspicion of lewdness with a child, CCSO says
- Doctor wins CNN Hero of the Year; Carson City’s Phillips honored
- Adam Laxalt praises Attorney General staff, mum on his future