RCR added to list of General Motors cutbacks | NevadaAppeal.com

RCR added to list of General Motors cutbacks

SONOMA, Calif. (AP) – Richard Childress says his organization is among the NASCAR teams that will receive less funding from General Motors because of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.

Childress, Tony Stewart and Rick Hendrick have all said GM officials told them the company is cutting back its support, effective immediately.

None of the teams will discuss how much funding has been slashed, and NASCAR program manager Pat Suhy would not talk about specifics on Friday.

GM last week cut all funding to Nationwide and Truck Series teams. Its support of the Cup Series is expected to continue, but at a reduced rate.