Reno Boat & Sport Show
It’s show time!
Thursday-Sunday are the 2000 dates for the 28th annual Reno Boat, Sport and RV Show.
It will be held at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center located on South Virginia Street.
This year’s version is produced by Lockett & Sullivan, Inc. It promises to offer more outdoor adventures than ever before. Adventure-seeking attendees will discover the latest makes and models in watercraft, recreational vehicles, sporting goods, etc.
– In the “Marine Corner,” you will find competition ski boats, wake boats, sailboats, specialized fishing boats and other watercraft.
– The “RV Section” will feature a recreation vehicle for every budget including tent trailers, trailers, cab-overs, fifth-wheels and luxury RV’s.
– The “Sportsman’s Hall” returns this year will a much-expanded fishing section. Fishermen and fisher women can compare techniques with experts, who will conduct continuous fly casting and spin casting demonstrations at both the fly casting and spincasting ponds. Retailers will offer the latest fishing gear available.
– “Best In The West” fishing seminars will offer well-known fishing guides with information on destinations such as Alaska, British Columbia, Central America and South America.
Some of the featured seminar speakers will include:
Rob Bonslott on fly fishing for stripers.
Sep Hendrickson, the owner of Sep’s Pro-Flashers, on the art of freshwater trolling.
Rick Kennedy on Kokanee salmon fishing.
Gary Lindstrom on virtual knot tying.
Greg Squires on king salmon fishing on the Sacramento River.
Bob Tompkins of the Walker Lakes Guide Services at Hawthorne on Lahontan cutthroat trout fishing at Walker Lake.
– The Reno show will also host the third annual Nevada Duck Calling Contest, sponsored by Ducks Unlimited. The winner of this contest will go on to represent Nevada at the national competition in Stuttgart, Ark.
– The 2000 show hours are noon to 9 p.m. on Thursday-Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors (62+), $3 for children (6-12) and free for kids under the age of six.
If you missed attending the San Francisco, Sacramento or the San Mateo, Calif. sport shows, the Reno Boat, Sport and RV Show will be your last chance this year to visit a outdoor show in this general area.
For information, call Lockett & Sullivan, Inc. at 852-SHOW or email: email@example.com