Robertson sets pace in Jester’s Jog
April 6, 2003
Scott Robertson of Carson City outran the 10K field at the fifth annual Jester’s Jog on Saturday.
Robertson, who runs for Fleet Feet Sports, covered the 6.2-mile distance in a time of 37 minutes, 32 seconds to finish as the overall winner in a race that started and finished at Pinon Plaza Resort. Steve Roark finished second overall with a time of 39:09.
Tanya Martian of Carson City emerged as the first woman and 10th overall finisher in a time of 46:02.
Richard Shroy, 11, who runs for the Godspeed Wings youth club in Carson City, was the overall winner in the two-mile run in a time of 12:28. Marvin Gerrard was second overall in 14:10.
Sara Mangiaracina, 11, who runs for the Silver State Striders and Fleet Feet Sports, was first among the women and fifth overall in 15:19.
A total of 152 runners and walkers registered for the event, which was held as a fund raiser for the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada.
Recommended Stories For You
“The race made about $5,000 because of the great turnout and great sponsors,” said race coordinator Tim Tetz.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Relay team breaks school record — again — to finish 2nd at state meet