Senators fall in Snow Bowl, 28-0
RENO – Douglas took advantage of mistakes by Carson to score two first-half touchdowns en route to a 28-0 win Sunday night in the Snow Bowl championship game at Mackay Stadium.
The Senators moved the ball well behind the passing of Justin Lopez but were not able to find the end zone. Running backs Sevon Mandoki, Johnny Cavilia, Dennis Krueger and Dylan Wemheuer battled for tough yards against a defense that has not been scored on all year.
Carson almost found the end zone twice in the second half but came up just short. Defensively, Carson was led by Jarod Butler, Conner Larkin, Mandoki, Krueger, Wemheuer, Adrian Michel, Nick Andreas, Donald Hurst, John Rowe, Jordan Warren, Gabe Pope, Ryan Maxwell, Edgar Olvera, Jonathan Cuevas, and Adam Maw.
Offensive lineman Zach Frewert, Phillip Lopez, Andreas, Mandoki, Butler, Harley Woods, Nick Goodner, Rowe and Hurst had a great year as well.
Kicker Jonathan Barahona also played well this year and should help the freshman squad next year.
Tigersharks perform well
in weekend meet
A total of 91 swimmers swam for the Carson Tigersharks at the recent Fall Frenzy Meet.
Sophie Holmes, Abby Pittman, Dagen Kipling and Tallon Rauch won the high point/runner-up awards for their respective age groups.
Holmes was first in 200 IM, 100 free, 100 breast, 200 free, 200 breast and 50 free; Dagen Kipling first in 400 IM, 1000 free, 200 back, 200 free, second in 200 IM, 200 breast, third in 100 free, 100 fly and 200 free; Pittman first in 500 free, second in 100 free, 100 fly, 200 fly, 200 free, 3rd in 100 breast and 200 breast; Rauch second in 400 IM, 100 back, and 200 back, and third in 100 free and 200 fly.
The following swimmers placed in the top three of their age group events:
Kaly Branco third in 200 back; Reece Canfield first in 400 IM and third in the 500 free and 200 fly; Cori Doran third in 25 free; Eli Everest second in 500 free and third in 200 free and 200 breast; AJ Gutierrez first in 400 IM, second in 500 free, 50 breast and 100 breast, and third in 200 free. Miah Hessig was second in the 500 free and 200 fly; Sami Kolb third in 100 IM; Christy Krahn third in 400 IM and 200 breast; Ashley Meyer second in 500 free and third in 200 free; Leo Miranda first in 100 fly; Carlee Nixon third in 100 free; Christian Riley third in 500 free and Jay Session second in 200 fly.
The Tigersharks placed in the top three for the following team relays:
• Everest, Holmes, Pittman and Kaly Branco were second in the 13 and over 200 IM.
• Nicole Van Geel, Morgan Nelson and Gillian Mandel were second in th 11-12 200 IM.
• Corine Doran, Kendall McDonald, Kolb and Riley Gudmunson were third in the 8 and under 100 free.
• Rauch, Kipling, Reece Canfield and Hessig were second in the boys 13 and over 200 IM.
• Gutierrez, Tristan Woslum, Riley and Robert Daugherty were second in the 11-12 200 IM.
• Robert Bush, Brennan Pott, Emiliano Miranda and Jarrod Meyer were third in the 11-12 B 200 IM.
• Tyler Crisp, Garrett Nussbaumer, Varun Pandit and Matteas Klatt were third in the 9-10 200 free relay.
2013 Empire Ranch
season passes on sale
Empire Ranch Golf Club has released its 2013 season pass rates.
• The Premium Ranch Pass is $1,650 for an individual and $2,450 for a couple. It includes unlimited green fees including cart every day plus added incentives.
• The Ranch Pass is $1,500 for an individual and $2,250 for a couple. It’s unlimited green fees every day with a $10 cart fee required before noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Afternoon Ranch Pass is $900 for an individual and $1,350 for a couple. It includes unlimited green fees after 12 noon with a cart.
• Walk the Ranch Pass is $950 for an individual and $1,425 for a couple. Unlimited green fees, but cart is not included.
• Junior Ranch Pass is $200 which gives you unlimited greens fees after 12 noon from May to October and anytime between November and April. The age is 17 and under, and carts aren’t included.
• Empire Ranch Card is $150. The first four rounds are free and every 11th round is free. Pay only $25 in the summer and $20 per round in the winter. A cart is included.
Also included is a five punch range card.