Sessions doubtful for Pacific
December 13, 2006
RENO – Point guard Ramon Sessions of the University of Nevada men’s basketball team suffered a thigh contusion after colliding with Saint Mary’s College guard John Winston in the second half of Tuesday night’s 76-58 win.
The incident happened with 15:52 left in the game. Trainer Shelly Germann applied ice to Sessions’ thigh, and the junior point guard never went back into the
Nevada coach Mark Fox said Sessions is doubtful for Saturday’s home game against Pacific, 3-7 on the year. Sessions played with a bad hip most of last season.
If Sessions is unable to play, Fox figures to start Lyndale Burleson at the point, and certainly senior Kyle Shiloh would play extended minutes at point guard.
That should also mean more playing time for freshman Brandon Fields, who scored six points against the Gaels.
Recommended Stories For You
Pacific is coming off a loss to Saint Louis at home, a game that saw the Tigers blow a double-digit lead.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit