Sierra Lutheran boys, girls fall to Hawthorne
February 3, 2018
Hawthorne outscored Sierra Lutheran 24-10 in the third quarter en route to a 64-48 win in a Northern Division I boys basketball game Saturday.
"Tough loss tonight," said Sierra Lutheran coach Ben Walther. "I thought the boys played well tonight. Hawthorne went on a double-digit run in the third quarter, and even though we had a run of our own at the end, it was not enough."
Zane Warkentin scored 16 points, grabbed three rebounds and dished out three assists. Kyman Berger added 12 points and four rebounds, and Thomas Mellum contributed seven points and three assists.
Falcons lose by 15
Hawthorne grabbed an 11-point first-period lead and cruised to a 45-30 win over Sierra Lutheran on Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Ruth Boogman led Sierra Lutheran with 10 points and eight rebounds, and Amanda Almeida added eight points. Aleyna Gilson pulled down six rebounds.
"Tough game against a very good opponent," coach Michael Nelson said. "We were short handed, yet fought to the end. I was very proud of the effort."
Trending In: Sports
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Powlison claims Carson City Off-Road 50-miler
- Carson City Off-Road Notebook: Mazza’s change in sports pays off