Silver Oak pro wins twice in Match Play event
April 3, 2002
Thomas defeated Pete Smith of Tahoe Donner Golf & Country Club 7-and-5 in the first-round match, then he came back to win an all-Carson City second match against Eagle Valley’s Mike Browning 5-and-4.
In other second-round matches Monday, Steve Hummel of Wolf Run Golf Club defeated Alex Mross of Thunder Canyon Country Club 4-and-3, Tom Dawson of Hidden Valley Country Club defeated Michael Jory of D’Andrea 2-and-1 and Mark Landry of Tahoe City Golf Club defeated Doug Flynn of Resort at Squaw Creek on the 19th hole.
In first-round play: Hummel defeated Bruce Towle of Tahoe Donner Golf & Country Club 1-up, Mross defeated Randy Fox of Edgewood Tahoe 2-and-1, Browning defeated Bob Forse of Rosewood Lakes Golf Club 1-up, Dawson defeated John Heath of Red Hawk Golf Club 10-and-8, Jory defeated Kirk Schultze from the Resort at Squaw Creek 7-and-5, Landry defeated Randy Long of Rosewood Lakes 3-and-2, Flynn defeated Wayne Williams of Hilton Bay.
The semi-final and championship round matches will be played today at D’Andrea.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand