Silver Stage High School receiver Travis Broughton player invited to Blue-Grey Combine
July 9, 2018
Silver Stage High School receiver Travis Broughton was selected to compete alongside elite prospects from 32 states in the Blue-Grey Super Combine in football.
The combine was held this past weekend in Denver.
Broughton's selection was based on his previous performance at a regional Blue-Grey sports event held in Oakley, Calif., in May. The invite to the Blue-Grey Super Combine was also based on his performance throughout 2017.
During the regional combine, Broughton was tested on the 40-yard dash, bench press, standing broad jump, 20-yard shuttle run, and a variety of drills. At the Super Combine weekend, athletes were tested on the same skill tests that were done at the regional combine. Competitors were given the opportunity to attend one of five Super Combines held at different sites around the country: AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Daytona Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach, Florida, the Redskins training facility in Richmond, Virginia, the Philadelphia Eagles training facility in Philadelphia and the Foothills Sports Arena in Denver, Colo. If Broughton performed well enough, he could be invited to play in one of the Blue-Grey National All-American Bowls played at four NFL locations.
Trending In: Sports
- Sparta ATC hosts football camp
- Joe Santoro: Nevada Wolf Pack’s fortune leads to expected proverb
- Bay Area stars Joe Pavelski and Steph Curry rise to top after first round at American Century Championship
- Hiking Lake Tahoe safely and successfully starts with preparation and respect
- Nevada Wolf Pack to play in Las Vegas Holiday Invitational