Ski resorts open today
November 10, 2004
Both Kirkwood and Mt. Rose will be open today in celebration of Veterans Day. Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Sugar Bowl, Boreal and Soda Springs will open for the weekend Friday. No report from Heavenly.
Resorts will offer limited snowsporting at reduced lift prices. Kirkwood will operate chairs 5 and 6 today, adding 1, 10 and 11 Friday. Kirkwood reports eight feet of snow, which translates to a base of 3 to 4 1/2 feet. Kirkwood will also honor midweek passes this Sunday. Mt. Rose will go with the Ponderosa and sixpack lifts.
Trending In: Sports
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion