Community Roundup: Bird wins Dayton Valley event
November 25, 2014
DAYTON — Randy Bird shot a net 74 to win the Dayton Valley Palmer Club 4-club tournament played Nov. 15.
Lamar Bailey finished second one shot back at 75 in the event in which players are limited to the use of any four golf clubs only.
John Cowee and Dave Goles tied for third at 76. There was a four-way tie for fifth among Seth Allison, Leo de Lapp, Dick Drake and Randy Steele all with 77. John Heibel carded an 80 to finish in solo ninth.
John Benkert, John Downing, Bob Frazee and Jeff Miller all shot 81 to finish in a tie for 10th and final place in the money.
• Dayton Valley is hosting Sip N Shop on Dec. 5 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Shop for some great merchandise deals and have a beverage at the same time.
Recommended Stories For You
Lacrosse officials needed
The Northern Nevada Lacrosse Officials Association is seeking officials for the spring 2015 season.
Officials are needed for boys game which is contact or the girls game which is non contact. This is only the second year of officiating the girls, so there's more opportunity to advance working the girls' game.
An organizational meeting is scheduled at 6 p.m. Dec. 18 at the Tamarack Junction in Reno. Those interested are encouraged to attend and meet the executive board, pay $30 dues, get your questions answered and sign up for this great sport. For more information visit website, nnlaxref.org. At some point before the season you will need to join U.S. Lacrosse which costs $50 and provides a rule book and insurance but you do not have to join right away.
Trending In: Sports Briefs
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection