Swimmers end season at state meet
May 22, 2018
Their placings may not reflect it, but the Greenwave swim team ended the season in style at Saturday's state meet at UNLV.
"The girls 200 medley relay was able to drop a second and the boys were able to hold on to their sixth seed in both the 200 medley and 200 free relays," Fallon coach Ken Grimes said. "Our younger kids were able to gain some championship experience and for the seniors it was a great finish for their high school season."
The boys 200-yard medley and free relay teams, and the girls 200 medley relay team finished sixth and senior Christian Nemeth took sixth and seventh in the 500 and 100 free events.
Dominic Schulenberg, Ruben Alanis, Donnovan Wright and Nemeth finished the 200 medley relay in 1 minute, 58.34 seconds, while the same team also finished the freestyle relay in 1:44.17. Nemeth finished the 50 free in 24.07 seconds and the 100 free in 54.04.
For the girls, the team of Hannah Rochna, Ashby Trotter, Emily Giovanetti and Whitney Bernard finished the 200 medley relay in 2:14.88.
Trending In: Sports
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests