Tarkanian expected out of Vegas hospital Friday
April 5, 2012
LAS VEGAS (AP) – Jerry Tarkanian’s son says the former UNLV basketball coach is expected to be out of the hospital Friday, more than two weeks after suffering a heart attack.
Danny Tarkanian told The Associated Press on Wednesday that his father has been transferred to a rehabilitation center at MountainView Hospital in northwest Las Vegas.
Danny Tarkanian says his 81-year-old father wants to go home and is in good spirits while he rebuilds his strength after his long hospital stay.
Jerry Tarkanian suffered the heart attack March 20, when he began wheezing during a doctor’s visit. He remained hospitalized so doctors could monitor his blood-oxygen levels.
Tarkanian coached the Runnin’ Rebels for 19 seasons. His team won the NCAA men’s basketball title in 1990.
Trending In: Sports
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments