Tiger surges into a share of the lead at HSBC
November 6, 2009
SHANGHAI (AP) – Tiger Woods has shot another 5-under 67 in the HSBC Champions, this one giving him a share of the 36-hole lead with Nick Watney in the final World Golf Championship of the year.
Woods overcame mild frustration early in his round Friday by making five birdies over his final 10 holes to catch Watney, a fellow American, atop the leaderboard at Sheshan International. They were at 10-under 134.
Big-hitting Alvaro Quiros of Spain was the lone intruder in what appeared to be an American leaderboard in China. Quiros had a 66 and was one shot behind Phil Mickelson (66) and Ryan Moore (69). Anthony Kim made eagle on his last hole for a 69 and was at 136.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Relay team breaks school record — again — to finish 2nd at state meet