Tigersharks continue solid showings
March 29, 2002
Justin Barber and Tara Theilemann continued their strong showings for the Carson Tigersharks on Thursday at the U.S. Junior National Swimming Championships in Long Beach.
Theilemann was seeded 28th in the 500-yard free and went on to qualify 11th for the consolation finals, breaking five minutes for the first time. She finished in four minutes, 58.86 seconds.
Tigershark coach Jim Puleo scratched Theilemann from the consolation finals so she would be fresher for today’s 200 free.
Theilemann did compete in the 100 free consolation finals and finished 11th in 52.38, her second best time. She swam to a personal best 52.20 in the preliminaries on Wednesday. “She’s having some really good, solid swims,” Puleo said.
Seeded 20th in the 500 free, Barber finished 18th in 4:37.42. “It was a great swim for him,” Puleo said. “It was probably one of his best controlled swims.”
Barber will swim in the 100 fly today and the 1,650 free on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says