Tigersharks lower their times in meet
October 28, 2005
Abby Niehoff, Tatum Boehnke and Kevin Dyer all won titles for the Carson Tigersharks on Friday at the Ted Dorsey Fall Classic in Reno.
Niehoff won the 13-14 girls 400-yard individual medley in four minutes, 43.17 seconds, taking a second off her previous best time of 4:44.17. Boehnke won the 15 and over girls 1,650 freestyle, lowering her best time from 18:30.93 to 18:30.46. Dyer won the 15 and over boys 1,650 free, lowering his best time from 17:40.12 to 17:16.24.
Other top finishes for the Tigersharks included Barbara Perkins in the 15 and over girls 400 I.M. as she lowered her best time from 5:18.84 to 5:05.55 to take fourth. Samantha Ashmore lowered her best time from 5:21.33 to 5:17.49 to take 10th in the 15 and older girls 400 I.M.
In the 13-14 girls 400 I.M., Caroline Sue lowered her best time from 5:25.10 to 5:19.66 and Hayley Burton lowered her best time from 6:10.43 to 5:50.42. The meet continues through Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand