TINY MITE BLUE DOMINATE IN HOME OPENER
September 15, 2007
The Carson Senators Tiny Mite Blue youth football team won its home opener against the Sparks Raiders 30-0.
Colton Schafer started it with a 56 yard touchdown run on the first play from scrimmage. Tristan Woslum and Cody Radtke each had touchdown runs of over 40 yards in the first.
Carson’s defense dominated the entire game, not allowing a single first down. Daniel Morrison and Carl Cavner each had multiple sacks and several tackles. Phillip Lopez, Chase Campagni, Gabriel Tatro and Dawson Lamb also dominated on defense. Gavin Bakkedahl, Braxton Carter, Adam Larkin, Luis Loe III and Garrett Tibma assisted with the strong defense. Carson (2-0) went into halftime with an 18-0 lead.
The second half was more of the same, with the offensive line consisting of Skyler Duncan, Joseph Sproles, Malek Kangas and Gabriel Wagner opening huge holes to make way for Landon Truesdale’s 56 yard touchdown run on a reverse and Quarterback Justin Lopez’s 19 yard touchdown run.
Carson was also able to dominated even though it was without Connor McCleary, who was out ill. Carson’s next game will be at 8 p.m. this Friday at Mira Loma Park.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand