Tiny Mite Blues win to improve to 2-1
September 22, 2007
Carson Senator Tiny Mite Blue youth football team beat the Reno Falcons 30-12 on Friday, improving its record to 2-1.
The Senators started the scoring with a 36 yard touchdown run by Colton Schafer on the first play from scrimmage. The Falcons answered back with a touchdown of their own. Tristan Woslum answered back with a 56 yard touchdown on a reverse. Quarterback Justin Lopez finished out the first half with a 10 yard touchdown run, making the score 18-6.
The second half started off the same with the Senators offensive line of Skyler Duncan, Malek Kangas, Connor McCleary, Dean Poppenga, Joseph Sproles and Gabriel Wagner creating a hole for Landon Truesdale on a 40 yard touchdown run. Cody Radtke finished the scoring for the Senators with an 8 yard touchdown run up the middle.
Carson’s defense led by Daniel Morrison and Dawson Lamb with several huge tackles each kept the Falcons at bay, along with Carl Cavner, Gavin Bakkedahl, Chase Campagni, Braxton Carter, Adam Larkin, Luis Loe III, Phillip Lopez, Gabriel Tatro and Garrett Tibma.
The Tiny Mites next play at 11 a.m. Saturday at Truckee.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy