Tiny Mite Silver wins
October 18, 2007
The Carson Tiny Mite youth football team came away with an impressive win over the Reno Patriots last Friday.
Abel Carter scored all five touchdowns for Carson while Reno scored once. It figured to be a tough game for Carson since the Patriots had tied Douglas, a team that gave Carson its only loss this season in a close game.
But Carson had two starters return on defense against Reno in Khayman Garland and Justin Kattenhorn.
Ben Larkin, Copeland Sargent, Richard Romero, Joseph O’Neil, and Carter also all had an excellent night on defense. Hayden Wheeler, Ryland Fancher, Josh Buchan, Cody Main, Garrett Clampitt, and Buddy McDonald also played well defensively. Carson’s defense made a crucial stand in the second half that helped secure the win.
The Patriots’ only score came on a drive that began at their own 32-yard line. Reno was finally able to barely score on fourth down on the drive that took 16 plays.
Sargent, Clampitt, Romero, Buchan, McDonald, Zach Harris, Brady Harris, Jonathan Bates, Jakob Weaver and Austin Baker all played well offensively.
Recommended Stories For You
The Senators (5-1) have a bye this week and is still waiting see where and when it will play next. The team will be at Governor’s Field at 6 p.m. today to cheer on the Carson Tiny Mite Blue team as it hosts the Douglas Tigers White.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’