Tiny Mites Blue football falls short
September 8, 2007
The Carson Senators Tiny Mite Blue football team suffered a 30-12 loss to the Reno Ravens on Friday.
The Senators got off to a sluggish start, allowing 12 points in the first half. But in the second half, Senators came alive with on its opening drive of the half wich was capped by Colton Shaffer’s 24-yard touchdown run, cutting the deficit to 12-6. Reno, though, answered with a touchdown of its own.
Carl Cavner led Carson’s defense with two sacks and three tackles for loss. Daniel Morrison also had a sack and Philip Lopez, Chase Campagni and Dawson Lamb all had several tackles. Gavin Bakkedahl, Braxton Carter, Adam Larkin, Luis Loe III, Garrett Tibma and Gabriel Tatro all also played well on defense.
Quarterback Justin Lopez along with Skyler Duncan, Connor McCleary, Joseph Sproles, Malek Kangas, Dean Poppenga III, Gabriel Wagner, Tristan Woslum, Cody Radtke and Landon Truesdale opened huge holes to help Shafer bust loose for another 60 yard TD run.
The Tiny Mite Blue’s Home Opener is at 10 a.m. this Saturday at Governor’s Field.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy