Tiny Mites Silver rolls to win
September 11, 2007
The Carson Tiny Mites Silver football team rolled to a 24-6 win in its opener against the Sparks Wolf Pack in Sparks.
The Carson offense led by the running of Abel Carter and quarterback Zach Harris scored four touchdowns. Harris, who had a 25-yard run himself, spread the ball around to Carter, Copeland Sargent and Josh Buchan. Carter scored all four touchdowns.
Carson was able to move the ball almost at will behind its offensive line and blocking of Cody Main, Garrett Clampitt, Jakob Weaver, Buchan, Jonathon Bates, Brady Harris and Buddy McDonald.
The Carson defense only allowed Sparks 12 total yards in the first half. The only Wolf Pack score came from a bobbled play late in the second half. The defensive led by Richard Romero, Carter, Joseph O’Neil, Khayman Garland, and Sargent was able to shut down Sparks’ running game. Austin Baker, Rylan Fancher, Justin Kattenhorn, Hayden Wheeler, Ben Larkin, and Buchan also played well on the line.
Carson Silver travels to Sparks again on Friday to face the Sparks Cardinals.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’