Trout fishing derby
April 24, 2003
That one-day fishing contest is free to all entrants.
April 26 is the opening day of the 2003 California trout fishing season.
The June Lake Loop is located west of U.S. 395, between Bridgeport and Bishop. In the Loop are contained Grant Lake, Gull Lake, June Lake, Silver Lake and Rush Creek.
There will be a $1,000 grand Prize for the largest trout caught on that day, anywhere in the June Lake Loop.
There will additional prizes for:
Biggest trout from Grant Lake.
Recommended Stories For You
Biggest trout from Gull Lake.
Biggest trout from June Lake.
Biggest trout from Silver Lake.
Biggest fish caught by a local.
Biggest fish caught by a lady.
Biggest fish caught by a kid.
Biggest Rainbow Trout.
Biggest German Brown Trout.
Biggest Cutthroat Trout.
Biggest fish from a Loop stream.
Heaviest weight limit.
The contest rules are:
All fish must be caught from the June Lake Loop.
All fish must be weighed and tagged at a Loop marina or tackle store.
All fish must be weighed in by 7 p.m. on Saturday.
For information, call the June Lake Chamber of Commerce at (760) 648-7854 or Ernie’s Tackle Store at (760) 648-7756.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Carson High’s Pradere going for redemption at state
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship
- Douglas High softball wins state tourney opener