Two WNC baseball players sign with Division I teams
November 14, 2007
Logan Parsley and James Nygren follow in a long list of players that demonstrate what the Western Nevada College baseball program is all about.
Parsley, a sophomore who graduated from Carson High, and Nygren, a freshman, both weren’t quite ready for Division I baseball when they came to WNC. Both developed into Division players and both signed with Division I programs on Wednesday, the first day of the fall signing period.
While it took Parsley a year to develop into a Division player, Nygren’s development into a Division player came much quicker than expected. Parsley signed with the University of Nevada, Reno while Nygren signed with reigning two-time national champion Oregon State.
Western Nevada has now had 11 players sign with Division I programs since it took the field in 2006.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed