UNR basketball player kicked off team
October 30, 2007
RENO – Sophomore Tyrone Hanson was kicked off the Nevada basketball team for violation of team rules.
Nevada basketball coach Mark Fox made the decision Tuesday night. Fox made a short statement, but didn’t take questions.
The 20-year-old Hanson was the victim of a beating over the weekend. He attended the same party in Reno where three people were shot and killed. Hanson was
treated at a local hospital and released on Sunday.
Fox said that Hanson, who was held out of Saturday’s scrimmage against Loyola-Marymount for violation of team rules, was told not to go out on Saturday night.
Fox did say that he was helping Hanson transfer to a new school. It’s not known whether Hanson will finish out the semester.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit