Upton makes cut in LPGA qualifier
September 12, 2002
Carson High graduate Lynda Upton is off to a good start in her effort to make the LPGA Tour.
Upton made the cut after the first two rounds of the LPGA Qualifying School tournament and is within striking distance of making it to the final LPGA qualifying tournament. The top 76 players out of 153 golfers advanced to the final two rounds in the event being held in Indio, Calif.
After the first two rounds, Upton was tied for 58th place after firing a 4-over-par 76 in each of her first two rounds for a two-round total of 8-over 152. More importantly, Upton is just four strokes out of the top 30.
The top 30 finishers will advance to to the final LPGA Qualifying event for the right to play on the LPGA Tour. The final LPGA qualifier will be held Oct. 8-11 in Daytona Beach, Fla. The final two rounds of the Indio qualifier will be held today and Friday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature