Upton places seventh in pro golf tourney
July 11, 2002
Carson High graduate Lynda Upton settled for seventh place at the professional U.S. Challenge Golf Tour’s Hesperia Open in Hesperia, Calif.
Upton, who also played golf for the University of Nevada, finished with a 10-over-par 226 over three rounds in the event. Upton fired a 3-over 77 in Wednesday’s third and final round after firing 74 and 77 in the first two rounds. Upton received $800 for placing third.
Natalie Wong of Montebello, Calif. won the event, finishing with a 2-over 218.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says