Utah State beats Nevada Wolf Pack softball
March 31, 2018
LOGAN, Utah — Utah State outlasted the Nevada softball team, 11-10, on Saturday.
The Aggies won the contest with a three-run home run with two outs in the seventh inning.
The Wolf Pack (16-16, 5-4 MW) used a four-run seventh inning to take a two-run lead into the bottom of the seventh, but the Aggies (13-18, 3-6 MW) scored three times in the final inning to win.
The Wolf Pack's offense was led by sophomore Kenzi Goins who went 3-for-4 with three RBI and a home run. She was joined by senior Erika Hansen, sophomores Sadaria McAlister and Kwynn Warner, as well as freshman Lauren Gutierrez as the Pack's players who recorded multiple hits on the day. Gutierrez homered as well.
Nevada hosts San Jose State for a three-game series starting Friday at Hixson Park. Sunday will also be Jayme King Day as Nevada will honor its former player with a special pregame ceremony.
Trending In: Sports
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests