Virginia City boys basketball rolls to win
December 21, 2017
VIRGINIA CITY — The Virginia City boys basketball team broke open a tight game in the second quarter on its way to a 61-38 win over Sage Ridge on Wednesday.
The Muckers led 13-10 after one quarter before outscoring Sage Ridge 20-6 in the second quarter to take a 33-16 halftime lead. VC extended its lead to 48-22 after three quarters.
Jacob Conners scored 21 points on 9-of-11 shooting and added seven rebounds while Dietrich Hand scored 17 points on 8-of-11 shooting and had six rebounds and six assists for the Muckers. Even Breckenridge had eight points and seven rebounds and Jordan Sequeira added eight points and six rebounds for VC.
Lions maul Dayton
The Lions posted an easy 50-9 win over the Dust Devils on Tuesday night.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand