Virginia City girls win cross country crown
November 1, 2005
The Virginia City High School girls cross country team dominated the Northern 2A championships on Saturday in Elko.
Virginia City’s girls won their first ever Northern 2A title with Erin Briethaupt and Sierra Clay sweeping the top two spots for the Muckers. Briethaupt won, covering the 3.1 mile course in 23 minutes, eight seconds while Clay was second in 23:
Also for Virginia City, Megan Brandon was seventh (25:31), Jolene Harsch was 12th (32:59), Brittany Bomar was 13th (35:43) and Sierra Fielding was 14th (35:52). Virginia City won with 30 points, while Sageridge was second with 48.
For Virginia City’s boys, Jake McCain took eighth (20:14) and Ribert Barrington was 14th (21:15) to qualify for the NIAA 2A State Championships. Virginia Citys’ girls will be going for the state title and McCain and Barrington will also compete in the meet, which will begin at 11:15 a.m. Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy