Wave wins 3 individual wrestling titles
December 11, 2018
Fallon's trio of returning state champs excelled on the mats in a weekend tournament in California.
Seniors Sean McCormick and Ben Dooley, and junior Tommy McCormick each won their weight class in the Jimmy Hamada La Costa Canyon Wrestling Tournament in Carlsbad, Calif. The younger McCormick picked up post-tournament honors, too, as he was named the upper weight MVP for recording two falls, two decisions and one tech fall in the 160-pound weight class.
As a team, Fallon finished 11th with 108.5 points.
Tommy and Sean (171 pounds) posted 5-0 records in the tournament and Dooley finished 4-0 in the 285-pound class. Wyatt Hatch (132) finished 3-2, Lucas Prinz (106) posted a 1-2 record and Drew Kramer (145) lost his only two matches.
Fallon continues its out-of-state schedule with a trip to Twin Falls, Idaho, this weekend before returning to the Silver State for the Reno Tournament of Champions and Douglas tournament next weekend. Fallon concludes the month with the Sierra Nevada Classic in two weeks.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed