Wide-Open 2002 set for Saturday
April 24, 2002
An X-treme show will be offered on Saturday, April 27 when Wide-Open 2002 will be held at Sonic Drive-In at 1856 E. College Parkway.
Activities will begin at 2 p.m. Among the events to be offered will be a freestyle motocross demonstration and 50CC motorcycle racing.
Scheduled to be featured in the freestyle motocross exhibition are Douglas High graduate and Carson City’s Matt Buyten, Air Extreme rider Kenny Bell, X-Games bronze medalist Ronnie Renner, Reno’s Paul Mudd and rising star Dakota May.
There will also be freestyle BMX action featuring James Madison. In addition, helicopter rides will be offered for $10.
Divisions for the 50CC racing will be ages 3-5, 6-9, 10 and above and pro. Entries are $25 per rider.
Admission is free for 5 and under, $3 in advance and $5 at the gate for 6-11 and $8 in advance and $10 at the gate for 12 and over. For more information, call 885-1598.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing