Wildcat baseball game suspended
September 28, 2007
The Western Nevada College baseball team will be on the field a long time today against the Reno Astros.
Friday’s game with the Astros at Moana Stadium was suspended in the bottom of the sixth inning with the Wildcats leading 8-4. Western Nevada pitcher Javy Perez walked the leadoff hitter in the sixth when the game was suspended.
The game will be picked up from that point at 2 p.m. today at Moana Stadium. The two teams will then play a scheduled doubleheader.
Logan Parsley hit a three-run triple during a six-run fourth that gave the Wildcats an 8-3 lead. Kyle Starratt (2.1 innings) and James Nygren (2.2 innings) combined to allow one earned run over five innings.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit