Wildcat soccer loses finale
October 21, 2007
The Western Nevada College women’s soccer team ended the regular season with a 2-0 loss against Navarro College at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas on Sunday.
Navarro scored both of its goals in the second half. The Wildcats outshot Navarro 10-9.
“It was a really, really good game,” Wildcat coach Hillary Arthur said. “We battled really hard and played really well together, but unfortunately some of our shots just didn’t go in. It was a great team effort.”
Allie Otto played the entire game at goalie and was able to stay in the contest in the second half despite taking a shot to the jaw. The Wildcats also continued to play without one of its key players in Ashley Winter.
The Wildcats (9-5-2) will next play for the right to be in the National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament on Saturday against North Idaho in Idaho.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature