Wildcats solid in all-star series
October 20, 2007
All seven sophomores for the Western Nevada College baseball team had a solid day on Saturday in the second game of the two-game Scenic West Athletic Conference all-star series in Southern Nevada.
The South overcame a 7-2 deficit to beat the North 14-7. The South was comprised of players from Western Nevada, Community College of Southern Nevada and Eastern Utah College while the North was comprised of players from College of Southern Idaho, Salt Lake Community College and Colorado Northwestern College.
Western Nevada’s Josh Creveling started for the South and after pitching a scoreless first inning was touched for five unearned runs after four errors were made in the second.
Also for the Wildcats, Josh Suarez picked off three runners while pitching two scoreless innings and Wes Osmer threw a scoreless inning. Offensively for the Wildcats, Logan Parsley led off the bottom of the first with a home run.
Parsley had two hits and two RBI, Cliff Shepard reached base six times as he had two hits, walked three times and was hit by a pitch with two RBI and three runs. Chuck Howard had two hits and an RBi and Andrew Reid had two hits with a double and two RBI.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand