Wilson jumps to Big Ten title
May 22, 2002
Aarik Wilson of Fallon soared to first-place in the triple jump at the Big Ten Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships for Indiana University on Sunday in Madison, Wis.
Wilson, a 2001 graduate of Churchill County High School in Fallon and now a freshman at Indiana, won his title with a lifetime best leap of 54-feet, 1/2-inch. The jump, his best by nearly nine inches, is the third best in the nation this year and gave him a berth in the NCAA Division I ChampionshipsMay 29-31 in Baton Rouge, La.
Wilson, the grandson of Grant and Nisha Kremers of Carson City, was the Nevada state 4A triple jump champion last year for Churchill County.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’