WNC baseball poker event is October 25
September 19, 2007
Celebrate the Nevada Day holiday early and play in a no-limit, Texas Hold-em Poker Tournament to benefit Western Nevada College baseball.
The third annual tournament at the Peppermill is Thursday, Oct. 25, from 6-11 p.m. The entry fee is $200, and all proceeds will benefit the Western Nevada Wildcats baseball team, which opens its 2008 season in January.
The action begins in the Tahoe Ballroom on the fourth floor of the Peppermill, with registration and a cocktail party featuring free beer at 6 p.m. Cards will be in the air at 7 p.m. and the blinds will increase every 20 minutes.
Ten prizes will be up for grabs, including a one-year membership at Red Hawk Golf Course, a $4,000 value.
Each player starts with $1,500 in chips, and anyone who has registered and paid before the day of the event will receive an extra $500 in chips. This is an open entry tournament so participants are encouraged to bring their friends. Information/registration: (775) 445-3240.
Doss fires hole-in-one at Genoa Lakes
Recommended Stories For You
Carson City’s Tamara Doss fired a hole-in-one recently at Genoa Lakes.
The ace came on the 81-yard seventh hole, and she used an 8-iron. The shot was witnessed by Phil Doss.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature