WNCC baseball honored academically
June 29, 2007
Along with continuing their success on the field, the Western Nevada Community College baseball team also continued its success in the classrom.
The Wildcats were recognized by the Natinal Junior Collegiate Athletic Assocation as a spring Academic Team of the Year. In both of its seasons, WNCC has received the recognition.
This past spring, the Wildcats were ranked No. 22 in the nation with a 3.06 cumulative grade point average. This past spring, WNCC also advanced to the JUCO World Series, finishing fifth in the nation.
“Academic and athletic success go hand in hand,” WNCC coach D.J. Whittemore said. “I’m extremely proud of their hard work. We spent 44 games and 50 nights on the road.”
Four players were also named to the college’s Spring 2007 Dean’s List: Jake Bottari, Pat Grennan, Andrew Reid, and Kevin Schlange. Eligible students must complete at least 12 credits for the semester with a 3.5 or higher G.PA.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Carson High’s Pradere going for redemption at state
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship