WNCC soccer falls to Dixie State
September 30, 2005
The Western Nevada Community College women’s soccer team was no match for one of the nation’s premiere programs as it lost 8-1 at Dixie State on Saturday in Utah.
It didn’t help that one of WNCC’s top defenders, Melissa Dacchio had to come out with a hamstring injury. Arthur said Dacchio was doubtful for Sunday’s game at Colorado Mountain.
Dixie State led 4-0 at halftime. “We came out real flat,” WNCC coach Hillary Arthur said. “The second half we played better. We definitye stepped up our defense.”
Douglas High’s Jessica Maule scored for WNCC, sending a free kick from 18 yards into the left corner of the net.
WNCC figures to have an excellent chance to beat Colorado Mountain, which lost to Dixie State 12-0.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand