Wooster outscores Dayton High girls, 11-0, in OT for win
November 25, 2017
RENO — Wooster outscored Dayton, 11-0, in overtime Saturday on its way to a 45-34 win.
Dayton led 22-13 at halftime but three starters fouled out of the game.
"We lost the game at the free throw line and with foul trouble," coach Kelly Frantz said in an email.
Dayton was 7 for 29 on free throws.Abby Sikora led the Dust Devils with 12 points and 7 rebounds while Tamia Powell had 10 points, 7 boards and 6 steals. Cassie Dickenson finished with 8 points and 4 rebounds.
"I thought (Sikora) played a great game, getting her points, grabbing boards, running point guard when normally she's the shooting guard," Frantz said.
"She's the type of player you can tell to do something, she steps up and does it. She played all game and really stepped up for us to finish it out."
Trending In: Sports
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan