Yerington beats Fernley
December 14, 2005
YERINGTON 72, FERNLEY 63
The Yerington High boys basketball team was able to hold off Fernley in the two schools’ Northern 3A opener at Yerington.
Yerington jumped out to a 22-11 lead after one quarter, but Fernley closed to within 35-31 at halftime and 53-51 after three quarters before the Lions were able to pull away in the final period.
“It was just a close battle all the way,” Yerington coach Daron Wildermuth said. “We’re just happy to win at home.”
Jeremy Means scored 24 points and Ryan Rife added 21 points for Yerington while Austin Chaney scored 21 for Fernley.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit